20 minutes, plus 30 minutes to chill the meat
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 lbs. of Nolan Ryan ground chuck (80/20 meat-to-fat ratio)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Nolan Ryan steak seasoning
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Cook the bacon on a baking sheet until crisp, about 15 minutes. Drain off the fat and pat the bacon dry with paper towels. Chop the bacon into very small (1/16-inch) pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, cheese, chopped bacon, seasoning and eggs with a large serving fork and spatula. Finish mixing with your hands, but do not overmix.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. The patties should be no more than ¾-inch thick or they will take too long to cook. Refrigerate the patties for 30 minutes to allow the seasoning to flavor the meat.
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high. If using a grill, lightly oil the grill grates.
- Cook the patties (in batched, if necessary) for 5 minutes per side or until done to your liking.
- Serve the patties on toasted buns with favorite your condiments.